Medical Lab Technology Course in Chennai
About Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (DMLT) Institute in Tambaram
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (DMLT) is a branch of paramedical science that deals with diagnosing and treating various ailments.
- It is the science of analysis of human fluids like pericardial fluid, peritoneal fluid, pericardial fluid, urine, blood samples, and other specimens.
- The course is an entry-level program designed to impart the knowledge of inspecting, testing, and identifying various diseases.
- It is a two-year program where students are exposed to in-depth knowledge of Biochemistry, Pathology, Blood Bank, Microbiology.
- Apart from this, students are also trained to use laboratory equipment and technologies.
- Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT) is a part of the healthcare system that plays an essential role in diagnosing and treating ailments.
- Though medical Laboratory Technologists/ Technicians work behind the scenes, they play an important role in the health care systems.
- Are you interested in pursuing your career in the field of paramedical science? If yes, then this course is one of the best opportunities you have.
- It is one of the fast-growing fields across the globe in the health care area, and the number of students opting for this can find a range of job profiles suiting the skills that you learned
- 10th or +2 or Any Degree
Medical Labs Duration:
- 2 Years
- Designed to impart the knowledge of testing & identifying various diseases.
- To provide knowledge in Biochemistry, Pathology, Blood banking, Microbiology, etc..,
- Will be able to work & communicate effectively in inter-disciplinary environment, either independently or in a team.
- Will be able to function efficiently, confidently and safely in clinical laboratory setting including hospital environment.
- Will be able to follow ethical practice associated with medical laboratory technology.
- Would typically be recruited as
– Medical lab technical – Technologists
– Phlebotomists , etc..,
- Can get jobs in
– Specialized labs
– Hospital / Nursing Homes
– Multispecialty Hospital, etc..,
Medical Lab Technology is a branch of medical science that deals with the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease through the use of clinical laboratory tests. It is a highly specialized field that requires formal training and certification.
The Medical Lab Technology course at our institute offers students a comprehensive education in all aspects of laboratory medicine. The course covers a wide range of topics such as hematology, immunology, microbiology, biochemistry, molecular biology and histopathology.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to work independently in all areas of the medical laboratory. They will also be able to apply their knowledge and skills to other related fields such as biomedical research, pharmaceuticals and health care administration.
In order to become a Medical Laboratory Technician, one must have completed at least two years of study in an accredited program. The common educational path to becoming a MLT is to earn an Associate’s degree from a community college, although some students may opt to pursue a certificate or diploma program. Admission into these programs usually requires a high school diploma or equivalent, although some colleges may also require students to complete prerequisite coursework in biology and chemistry.
to know more visit